The BPU Conferences are a series of triennial general physics conference organized under the auspices of the Balkan Physical Union (BPU). They have been holding since 1991. The BPU conferences which are supposed to cover the most important results and trends of physics are usually attended by about 800 scientists, educators and engineers involved in research, education and applications of physics.
The Conferences are open to all scientists from the Balkan countries working in physics and related areas. Participants from outside the Balkans are also welcome. Participation of young physicists and students is highly appreciated.
- 10th BPU – Sofia, Bulgaria, (August 26-30, 2018), website
- 9th BPU – Instanbul, Turkey (August 24-27, 2015)
- 8th BPU – Constanta, Romania (July 5-7, 2012)
- 7th BPU – Alexandroupolis, Greece (September 9-13, 2009)
- 6th BPU – Istanbul, Turkey (August 22-26, 2006)
- 5th BPU – Vrnjacka Banja, Serbia and Montenegro (August 25-29,2003)
- 4rd BPU – Veliko Trnovo, Bulgaria (August 22-27, 2000), website
- 3rd BPU – Cluj-Napoca, Romania (September 2-5, 1997)
- 2nd BPU – Izmir, Turkey (September 12-14, 1994)
- 1st BPU – Thessaloniki, Greece (1991)